Our third KAWW networking meetup is Monday 6/8/15 from 12 noon to 2pm at the Fayette County Agriculture Extension Building, 1140 Red Mile Place in Lexington. Please come and bring a friend!
- Elly Cole, raw milk farmer and a Linda Stone protégée, will give a short talk on getting started with raw milk and her experiences so far. (I did a raw milk cure last January using milk from Elly’s cows and it was delicious!)
- A discussion on local chapters. There is lots of interest in having meetings locally while still being part of the larger group. We are modeling the Weston A Price Foundation‘s chapter setup:
- Local groups are organized along the same criteria as KAWW
- KAWW does not have to be the chapter name or even in the name.
- However, chapters will be identified as being under the umbrella of KAWW.
- Chapters can have meetings and/or get-togethers, organized as it suits the members.
- KAWW will organize an annual meeting or conference with plenty of notice so that all chapters can be represented. The annual meeting/conference will be open to the public.
- Like last meeting, we’ll each do a short intro (emphasis on short). It was so interesting to see what a diverse group we are, plus a good quickie way to get to know each other.
- If there are too many people in attendance for individual intros, we’ll do speed-networking: spend 10 minutes with your table, then one side of the table moves to another table and networks with that group.
Also bringing post-its and pens and a white board for noting ideas!!!
This is a BYOL (Bring Your Own Lunch) event. You are welcome to bring something to share, if you are so inclined. We’ll have bottled water, coffee, tea, cream and sugar, and napkins there. Donations graciously accepted.
There will be a table for brochures, business cards and anything you’d like to display or giveaway.
Feel free to forward to your like-minded friends!!! Any questions, just hit reply.
See you in June! BRING YOUR IDEAS :)
Committee: Courtney Byron, Gerri Kendall, Linda Stone, Sally Oh